These aren’t exactly cookies. But they’re practical, healthy, and perfect for an on-the-go breakfast or snack.
Banana breakfast cookies
Serves: 2 (makes nine small cookies)
- 1 ripe banana, mashed
- 70 g (3/4 cup) rolled oats
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- 50 g (1/4 cup) dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C or 350 F
- Mix together all of the ingredients.
- Drop large spoonfuls of batter onto a baking tray and flatten.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, until firm.
- Cool, then store in an air tight container or freeze.
How many EA Tasty Spoons does it get?
- No animal products.
- As far as I’m aware, none of the ingredients are particularly harmful for the environment.
- Oats and bananas are very cheap.
- Healthy! No added sugar or fat, and oats give long lasting energy and are good for the cardiovascular system. Adding chocolate chips makes it less healthy, but dark chocolate supposedly has some health benefits.
- Very tasty, and perfect for sharing.
Total EA Tasty Spoons: 5!