One of the simplest and most reliable pancake recipes you will find.
- 130 g (1 cup) plain flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 235 ml (1 cup) almond milk
- 2 tbsp flavourless oil
- Frozen blueberries (defrosted) or dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Whisk together the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Heat a frying pan.
- Add the milk and oil to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. A few lumps are fine.
- Spoon enough mixture into the pan for one pancake, and then drop a few blueberries or chocolate chips onto the wet batter in the pan.
- Flip the pancake once the bottom is firm and light brown.
- Cook until the other side is also browning.
- Repeat spooning the batter into the pan until it’s gone.
- If the pancakes begin to turn out flatter, try adding some more baking powder.
- Serve hot with maple syrup.
How many EA Tasty Spoons does it get?
- No animal products.
- As far as I’m aware none of the ingredients are particularly harmful for the environment. If you’re worried about almond milk, you can use soy milk or any other non-dairy milk instead.
- It’s all fairly cheap. More on the pricey side is almond milk (£1 per litre in the UK), and the optional frozen blueberries (£2 for 350g in the UK). Pretty good overall so deserves a spoon.
- Not so healthy. Almost entirely made of refined carbohydrate.
- Tastes great. Family and friends are always very happy to wake up to fresh pancakes!
Total EA Tasty Spoons: 4