These fries are unbelievably crisp and moreish, especially considering they contain no added fat. They’re also extremely easy and quick to prepare.
- 2 large or 3 medium potatoes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 220 C or 425 F
- Wash the potatoes, cut into 1 cm thick fries, and place in a medium bowl.
- Add garlic powder, salt, and paprika if using, then toss to cover the fries evenly.
- Place fries on a baking tray or two. Ideally fries should not touch each other so that they crisp on all sides.
- Put the trays in the oven for about 25 minutes. Open the oven occasionally to let the moisture out, so that the fries brown. After about 15 minutes in the oven, it’s a good idea to toss the fries, as they usually brown most on the side that touches the tray.
- Remove from the oven and enjoy with ketchup, garlic mayo, and a veggie burger!
How many EA Tasty Spoons does it get?
- No animal products.
- As far as I’m aware potatoes and potato farming are not harmful to the environment.
- Potatoes are very cheap.
- Surprisingly, pretty healthy! Potatoes are very nutritious, and with no added fat, there’s nothing holding them back.
- Super tasty. My family and I can eat trays and trays of these!
Total EA Tasty Spoons: 5